Background

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Things I Love (Part 2)

So, while I drove home this morning from an appointment, I started thinking about some of the training related things I love.  I was inspired to share them with you!



1. Pocket Fuel - I recently started trying Pocket Fuel as a fuel choice when I train on long training sessions.  This paleo diet friendly fuel, is made from natural hazelnut and almond butters.  My favorite flavor is the coconut cherry and I recently purchased a refill of the little hand packs!  Really tasty and easy to use fuel source!


 2. 110% Overdrive Sox - I love 110%'s products but right now this is my favorite!  The compression sock feels great and the set comes with a sleeve to put over the sock and ice packs to insert between the two layers.  When the bottom of my feet hurt, I can easily ice them as well as my shins and calves.  Such a great product!


3. Veloved's Park Tool Bike Repair and Troubleshooting Training Class - This women's only class was very helpful in giving me the knowledge and confidence in caring for my bike.  Such a great knowledge base to have when you spend hours (and hours and hours) on your bike each week!



4. TLC Chiropractic - These guys are AWESOME and have done so much to support me in my journey over the past few years.  Dr. Jerry has been my chiropractor for the last 4-5 years and I really appreciate his expertise and support and he is one of my biggest cheerleaders as I continue this journey.




5. Rest Days -I love my rest days!  They give my body a break from the increasing demands training for an endurance sport places on it and they give my mind a break from the mental demands of training.  At times this is the hardest thing I have ever decided to do and I am very proud of how far I have come.  This is not done yet, but I work hard each day and look forward to those days of rest!

Speaking of working hard, I must go get ready for my long brick workout!  Going to take my bike OUTSIDE for the first time this year!  Thirty mile ride and then a 3 mile run.  :)

Goggles On!

1 comment:

  1. That's the fuel you told me about a few weeks ago! Going to research more now--it sounds delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete