Background

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Milestone Updates

Well, here we are at the beginning of another week of training....week 23 actually!



I have to admit, I was hoping to start the week off with a rest day as usual for my Monday, but with my weird schedule at the store, my day off training is Tuesday.  Not only am I training tomorrow, but I have a two-a-day!  For those of you non-triathletes a "two-a-day" is two workouts in one day separated by several hours.  So, tomorrow morning I get to swim and then I get to bike in the afternoon before I head to work!

I have been amazed this last week at what I have been able to accomplish. On Wednesday I ran 8 miles without stopping at an average pace of 11:11!  That is the longest distance I have ever done and it was a very comfortable run.  My friend and fellow triathlete, Bridget, told me several times that I would eventually reach a point, where I wouldn't start to feel good on a run until I had gone 4 miles.  I was skeptical, but actually felt this phenomenon during my 8 miles!  Miles 4 through 6 felt wonderful!  Bizarre but I'll take it!  It also happened to be a beautiful day and I ran at a local park in the morning!  I also managed to cut about 6.5 minutes off my 2100 yard swim time!  My run pacing has been better too... the only thing that has been an issue lately has been my bikes.  I am getting frustrated on the trainer and want to be OUTSIDE!  Its in my schedule for this week, but I am holding my breath with the weather.

Andy ordered me new tires for my bike (the trainer has done a number on my rear tire!) and I cant wait to have them put on along with my new gear set and derailleur!  Here's to Veloved!



This week's schedule brings in rides of 20-45 miles outside, longer bricks, longer workouts, and a 9 mile run on Saturday!



Here's to having a great week!  Staying strong...

Goggles On!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, awesome job! Just had my rear trainer tire removed and my road one put back on--here's to hoping spring is here to stay.

    ReplyDelete