Background

Thursday, April 11, 2013

20 Recent Lessons

20 things I have learned: 

1.  What you eat and drink has a direct affect on how you feel during a workout.
2.  Running with a head cold is harder the first couple miles.
3. Compression is my friend.
4. Ice is my friend.
5. Your feet really do sweat when you exercise, a LOT.
6. Biking outside in the wind is still easier than on a trainer inside.
7. Even when my body feels terrible, it is still capable of putting forth a personal record!
8. Early bedtimes are necessary and wonderful.
9. Doing my workout (or the first workout of the day) early is always the best idea.
10. Body Glide and Chamois Butter are WONDROUS blessings as the miles increase!
11. Time management is crucial
12. My family is wonderfully patient and supportive!
13. I have the best team of people around me and beside me for this incredible journey.
14. Your body can drastically change shape without you actually losing weight on the scale.
15. You shouldn't stop to pick up change when you run... Helene will kill you!
16. When you have two triathletes in the house, the dishwasher can very quickly fill with empty water bottles!
17. I look forward to my run days because those are the "easy" workouts.
18. Runs actually don't feel good for the first few miles, its not until mile 4 or so that things start to feel comfortable on a long run.
19. I am capable of so much more than I think I am.
20. This is one of the best times in my life!

Only 96 days till race day!

Goggles On!

1 comment: