Background

Thursday, July 11, 2013

We have come so far...

Race week!  In fact after 38 weeks of training and even more weeks of planning, the race is now just a couple days away...

Accumulated hours of training logged on the Garmin since late April: 

53 hours of running 
1245 miles of biking
53 hours of swimming

My friend and fellow team-mate Bridget (who completed her 70.3 race several weeks ago) sent a message to us today that nearly made me cry.  I knew immediately that I wanted to include part of her message here...

"This weekend is not about "can I do this" Because you can. My race weekend and leading up, I never questioned that I would cross the finish because I KNEW I would. What I questioned was HOW (not that I couldn't) will I do this race in the conditions handed to me. I knew it was going to suck (and it did). I knew it was going to hurt (and it did), but I knew I would do it (and I did). Find your motivation to get you thru. Find your way."

Isnt that beautiful?  This has been an incredible journey. I will be posting more post race with a full race report and comments on the whole weekend. 



Bridget also said: 


"You will be nervous. You will be anxious. You will want to vomit (a lot). This is normal. If you weren't feeling this way then would you be weird. Okay, you are weird (in the best way), but you know what I mean."


I love it!  I have loved training for this... this whole experience has taught me so much and I have had the time of my life!  

Goggles On!

No comments:

Post a Comment